EuroSEAS Book Prize 2021
EuroSEAS will award two book prizes at the 11th EuroSEAS Conference in Olomouc, 7-10 September 2021. Please find the shortlist for the EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize and Social Science Book Prize here!
1. The EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize
The EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the humanities – including archaeology, art history, history, literature, performing arts and religious studies.
2. The EuroSEAS Social Science Book Prize
The EuroSEAS Social Science Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the social sciences – including anthropology, economics, law, politics and international relations, and sociology
A shortlist of six books in each category will be announced on the EuroSEAS website in August 2021. Announcement of the winners will be during the conference in September 2021. The winners will receive € 750.
Notes on eligibility
• Only books written in English carrying a 2019 or 2020 date will be eligible.
• The same book will not be considered for both prizes – please submit to the most applicable category. If in doubt about which category applies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The prize committees will reserve the right to cross-refer as they find appropriate. Only single-authored or co-authored research monographs are eligible: no edited volumes or textbooks. Translations of literary works are not eligible.
• There are no residency or citizenship requirements for authors, and no location requirements for publishers.
• Nominations should be made by the publishers of the book. There is no limit to the number of books an individual publisher may nominate.
• The decisions of the judges shall be final
• Copies of nominated books should be mailed directly to members of the prize committees by 15 June 2021.
• Please send the books directly to the members of the jury (see below).
•Because of the delay in the announcement of the jury members it is possible to send an electronic copy to the EuroSEAS secretariat: email@example.com. Please note that besides an electronic copy, a hard copy should still be sent directly to the jury members.
Members of the jury of the Humanities Book Prize
Henk Schulte Nordholt
2311 BE Leiden
Institut für Asien- und Afrikawissenschaften Humboldt Universität
Unter den Linden 6
Katedra Asijských Studií, FF UP
třída Svobody 26
779 00, Olomouc
Members of the jury of the Social Science Book Prize
Professor Silvia Vignato
Dipartimento di Scienze Umane per la Formazione
Università di Milano-Bicocca
Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
Dr. J. Presserstraat 287
2552 LW Den Haag
Jl Ciberes No 09
Kp Batutapak, Rt 01 Rw 05
Kecamatan Gunung Sindur
Bogor, West Java