EuroSEAS Book Prize 2022
EuroSEAS will award two book prizes at the 12th EuroSEAS Conference in Paris-Aubervilliers, 28 June-1 July 2022.
1. The EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize
The EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the humanities – including archaeology, art history, history, literature, performing arts and religious studies.
2. The EuroSEAS Social Science Book Prize
The EuroSEAS Social Science Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the social sciences – including anthropology, economics, law, politics and international relations, and sociology
A shortlist of six books in each category will be announced on the EuroSEAS website in June 2022. Announcement of the winners will be during the conference in 2022. The winners will receive the book prize certificate and € 750.
• Only books written in English carrying a 2020 or 2021 date will be eligible.
• The same book will not be considered for both prizes – please submit to the most applicable category. If in doubt about which category applies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The prize committees will reserve the right to cross-refer as they find appropriate. Only single-authored or co-authored research monographs are eligible: no edited volumes or textbooks.
• Translations of literary works are not eligible.
• There are no residency or citizenship requirements for authors, and no location requirements for publishers.
• Nominations should be made by the publishers of the book. There is no limit to the number of books an individual publisher may nominate.
• The decisions of the judges shall be final.
• Please send a hard copy of the books directly to all the members of each jury (see below).
• Please inform the EuroSEAS secretariat about the nominated books: email@example.com. In this way the secretariat will be able to check if the jury members have received all the books.
• Please send an electronic copy to the EuroSEAS secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that besides an electronic copy, a hard copy should still be sent directly to the jury members.
The closing date for submissions is 15 April 2022.
Members of the jury of the Humanities Book Prize
Professor Andrew Hardy
Ecole française d’Extrême-Orient
22 avenue du Président Wilson
Dr. Filip Kraus
Department of Asian Studies, Faculty of Art, Palacký University
Tř. Svobody 26,
779 00 Olomouc
Dr. Louise Pichard Bertaux
IrAsia, CNRS/ AMU
24 chemin des Taillades
Route de Jouques
Members of the jury of the Social Science Book Prize
Professor Silvia Vignato
Dipartimento di Scienze Umane per la Formazione “Riccardo Massa”
Università di Milano-Bicocca (UNIMIB)
Piazza dell’Ateneo Nuovo, 1
Associate Professor Jayeel Cornelio
Development Studies Program
Ateneo de Manila University
Please contact the EuroSEAS secretariat (email@example.com) for the shipping address.
Assistant Professor Alberto Fidalgo Castro
Departamento de Antropología Social y Pscicología Social
Facultad de CC. PP. y Sociología
Universidad Complutense de Madrid Campus de Somosaguas
28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid