EuroSEAS Book Prize 2021
EuroSEAS will award two book prizes at the 11th EuroSEAS Conference in Olomouc, 7-10 September 2021.
1. The EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize
The EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the humanities – including archaeology, art history, history, literature, performing arts and religious studies.
2. The EuroSEAS Social Science Book Prize
The EuroSEAS Social Science Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the social sciences – including anthropology, economics, law, politics and international relations, and sociology
A shortlist of six books in each category will be announced on the EuroSEAS website in July 2021. Announcement of the winners will be during the conference in September 2021. The winners will receive € 750.
Notes on eligibility
• Only books written in English carrying a 2019 or 2020 date will be eligible.
• The same book will not be considered for both prizes – please submit to the most applicable category. If in doubt about which category applies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The prize committees will reserve the right to cross-refer as they find appropriate. Only single-authored or co-authored research monographs are eligible: no edited volumes or textbooks. Translations of literary works are not eligible.
• There are no residency or citizenship requirements for authors, and no location requirements for publishers.
• Nominations should be made by the publishers of the book. There is no limit to the number of books an individual publisher may nominate.
• The decisions of the judges shall be final
• Copies of nominated books should be mailed directly to members of the prize committees by 1 June 2021.
Members of the jury of the Humanities Book Prize
Members of the jury of the Social Science Book Prize