The European Association for Southeast Asian Studies will award two book prizes at the 10th EuroSEAS Conference in Berlin, 10-13 September 2019.
1) The EuroSEAS Humanities Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the humanities – including archaeology, art history, history, literature, performing arts and religious studies.
2) The EuroSEAS Social Science Book Prize for the best academic book on Southeast Asia published in the social sciences – including anthropology, economics, law, politics and international relations, and sociology
A shortlist of six books in each category will be announced on the EuroSEAS website on 1 July 2019. Announcement of the winners will be during the conference on 11 September 2019. The winners will receive € 750.
Notes on eligibility
• Only books written in English carrying a 2017 or 2018 date will be eligible.
• The same book will not be considered for both prizes – please submit to the most applicable category. If in doubt about which category applies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The prize committees will reserve the right to cross-refer as they find appropriate. Only single-authored or co-authored research monographs are eligible: no edited volumes or textbooks. Translations of literary works are not eligible.
• There are no residency or citizenship requirements for authors, and no location requirements for publishers.
• Nominations should be made by the publishers of the book. There is no limit to the number of books an individual publisher may nominate.
• The decisions of the judges shall be final
• Copies of nominated books should be mailed directly to members of the prize committees by 1 May 2019.
Members of the jury of the Humanities Book Prize:
Professor Vincent Houben
Institute of Asian and African Studies
Unter der Linden 6
Dr. Koh Keng We
Block 14, Ghim Moh Road #18-07
Professor Henk Schulte Nordholt
PO Box 9515
2300 RA Leiden
Members of the jury of the Social Science Book Prize:
Professor Silvia Vignato
Dipartimento di Scienze Umane per la Formazione
Università di Milano-Bicocca
Piazza dell'Ateneo Nuovo, 1
Dr. Bart Barendregt
Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
P.O Box 9555
2300 RB Leiden
Dr. Julius Bautista
Centre for Southeast Asian Studies
46 Shimoadachi-cho, Yoshida Sakyo-ku